SPS Lindung – Delivery Riders
- SPS Lindung or Employment Injury Scheme under social protection is a Government assistance announced by YB Minister of Finance during the Budget 2021 announcement in Parliament on 6 November 2020 to provide social protection coverage under the Self-Employment Social Security Scheme (SESSS), SOCSO to those who are self-employed
- Under the PERMAI package, announced in January 2021, the government will fully contribute to delivery riders' social protection coverage under SESSS
Who is eligible for the SPS Lindung - Delivery Riders?
- The self-employed targeted under this Government initiative are Delivery Riders targeted to reach 40,000 beneficiaries.
- Delivery Riders here refers to those who are self-employed and conducting delivery of goods and food item using motorcycle, bicycle or by a walker.
How do I apply for the SPS Lindung- Delivery Riders?
- Application can be made directly to any SOCSO’s offices or through the respective Service Providers Platform.
- Documents required from Delivery Riders are as follows:
- Copy of NRIC;
- Self-Employement ID Profile from the Service Provider Platform or a copy of SSM/prove of employment; and
- Copy of Driver’s License.
- For those who are cycling or a walker, employee must produce a copy of registration slip under the relevant Service Provider or a copy of SSM/prove of employment.