- SME Revitalisation Financing (SMERF) is a financial assistance scheme introduced to facilitate viable small and medium enterprise (SMEs), including microenterprises that are adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic to have access to financing to start, restart and continue their business.
- The Scheme will be prioritised to assist first-time borrowers, new businesses and business in specific sectors that were unable to secure commercial loans due to certain restriction and limits.
- Eligible SMEs will be able to obtain financing at a minimum amount of RM50,000 and up to RM250,000,000.
- Fixed financing rate of as low as 3% per annum on yearly rest.
Who is eligible for SMERF?
- All SMEs as defined by the National Entrepreneur and SME Development Council (NESDC) that meet the following eligibility criteria:
Busineses can verify their status as SME and obtain the validation HERE
- Registered with Companies Commision of Malaysia (SSM), or authorities / district officers (for Sabah and Sarawak),or statutory bodies for professional service providers; and
- At least sixty per cent (60%) equity held by Malaysians. .
How do I apply for SMERF?
Steps to apply:
- Contact our Business Advisory Team at 1 300 88 6433 (MIDF) during official office hours (Mon – Fri: 9am to 5pm); or
- Contact our respective Regional Offices