This programme was announced in the 2021 Budget with an original allocation of RM1.5 billion to assist around 8.4 million recipients of Bantuan Prihatin Rakyat (BPR) through the provision of subsidies for subscriptions to telecommunication services or the purchase of mobile devices.
Taking into account the number of B40 families with children, especially those still in school, RM500 million was added to this programme under the PEMERKASA package announced last March, making it’s value RM2.0 billion. In addition, telcos are also offering additional benefits worth RM1.5 billion, bringing the total value to RM3.5 billion for BPR recipients.
Jaringan Prihatin is a collaboration between the Ministry of Finance with twelve (12) telcos in Malaysia namely, Celcom, Digi, Maxis, Mcalls, redONE, speakOUT, Tune Talk, U Mobile, unifi Mobile, XOX Mobile, YES, and Yoodo.
All Malaysians who are eligible to receive BPR may participate in the Jaringan Prihatin programme.
If you are an eligible recipient, you can subscribe to data plans or device packages offered by telcos participating in the programme. The data plans and device packages offered are jointly subsidised by the Government and the telcos participating in this programme.There are two types of subsidies offered, namely:
- Subsidy 1: Monthly data plan subsidy; or
- Subsidy 2: Subsidy for the purchase of mobile device packages.
- RM300 (provided in full) for device package, or
- RM15 per month for a monthly data plan for 12 months.
- RM180 (provided in full) for device package, or
- RM15 per month for a monthly data plan for 12 months..
You can register with selected telcos from May 5, 2021 to September 30, 2021
Only one claim is allowed per eligible individual or household (verified via identity card number). If you have two (2) mobile numbers, you can only select one (1) mobile number that will receive the subsidy claim.
The Jaringan Prihatin subsidy will be given through the purchase of a data plan or device package of a telco that has been selected by the recipient of the subsidy. The method or procedure for obtaining subsidies, for prepaid and postpaid, will vary according to the participating telcos. Subsidy recipients can refer to the website of the telco of their choice for more information.
Depending on the plan chosen, eligible recipients are allowed to change telcos a maximum of three (3) times during the 12-month programme period. Eligible recipients can only register with one (1) telco at any given time during the period. Please refer to the respective telco's website for more information on redemption and conversion.Recipients may not:
- Redeem the Jaringan Prihatin subsidy more than once a month.
- Select when the subsidy payment is made. In general, redemption will take place in the same calendar month. However, the exact payment timing may vary between different telcos and between prepaid and postpaid plans.
- Transfer the subsidy to a third party or convert it into cash.
- Receive subsidies on a pro rata basis in a month.
Please refer to the respective telco's website for detailed information on the Jaringan Prihatin Programme.